Personal Data Protection Statement
The Genting Singapore Group recognizes the importance of treating our guests’ Personal Data with respect and privacy. This Personal Data Protection Statement ("Statement") explains how we collect, use and disclose Personal Data. It also explains how we comply with the Personal Data Protection Act.
Please read this Statement carefully. By using any of our products or services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Statement. You may manage your Personal Data by logging into our membership portals.
How we collect your Personal Data
We collect Personal Data in many ways. For example:
- When you make an enquiry, transaction or use any of our services, products and facilities. This includes making a room or dining reservation, and contacting our call centre;
- When you visit our premises, such as casinos, hotels and spas;
- When you apply for membership in our membership programs;
- When an image or sound recording of you is made by a camera or other device installed in our premises;
- When you use our websites or mobile applications, or interact with our social media pages;
- When you participate in our contests or events;
- From third party sources which can legally disclose your Personal Data to us (such as your travel agent); and
- When the law requires us to collect your Personal Data.
Disclosure of third parties’ Personal Data to us
If you disclose any third parties’ Personal Data to us, please ensure that you have permission from the third party for the disclosure, or you can legally provide the Personal Data to us.
How we use your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data for purposes described in this Statement with your consent. Alternatively, we may also use your Personal Data when we have assessed that the use is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests. Where applicable, we may use your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- Processing your enquiry, transaction or use of any of our services, products and facilities;
- Monitoring and analysing activity when you use our products and services, so that we can personalize your experience with us;
- Maintaining your guest profile across our various businesses;
- Ensure the detection and prevention of illegal activities and other impropriety. This includes identity verification, financial and background screening, prevention of money laundering, anti-fraud, and managing entry to our premises (such as hotels and casinos);
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations and recommendations;
- Upholding gaming integrity (such as cheating at play);
- Facilitating enrolment, administration and issuing rewards for our membership programs;
- Facilitating consolidated management and supervision within the Genting Singapore Group;
- Monitor your activity when you use our services, products and facilities so that we can conduct research and data analytics to enhance and personalize your experience with us. For example, we may monitor individuals within our facilities - so that we can provide suitable facilities, deploy sufficient resources and provide appropriate products and services;
- Maintain safe distancing, good sanitation and hygiene within our facilities;
- Facilitate contact tracing and other emergency response measures;
- Ensuring that our marketing activities and communications are relevant to your interests. This includes customer profiling, targeted advertising, administering promotions, and informing you about important notices, events and discounts;
- Ensuring that our gaming products and services are used in a socially responsible way;
- Ensuring safety and security. For example, we may use cameras in conjunction with facial recognition technology for identification and access management; and
- Other reasonable purposes related to the provision of our services, products and facilities to you.
How we share of your Personal Data
We may provide your Personal Data to third parties. When we do so, we will ensure that these third parties protect your Personal Data and only use it for relevant Purposes. We may disclose your Personal Data:
- To our agents, partners and data intermediaries;
- To our service providers and their partners who assist us in providing our products our services;
- To our professional advisors (such as auditors);
- To government agencies or authorities, operators or industry bodies to which we or our affiliates are required, permitted, advised, or expected to disclose your Personal Data; and
- To other entities who are part of the Genting Group.
International transfers of Personal Data
We may transfer your information to other countries. When we do so, we will require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the standard required by the Personal Data Protection Act.
Securing your Personal Data
We have put in place technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Data. These include antivirus protection, encryption, and using and disclosing personal data only on a need-to-know basis.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or method of storage is completely secure. While we cannot guarantee full security, we strive to protect the security of your information by constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Third party websites
Our websites and mobile applications contain links to third parties' websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter). As we do not operate these websites, we are unable to guarantee the security of such websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Data by such websites. You should examine the privacy statement of such websites before you use them.
Retaining your Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Data as needed to fulfil the Purposes stated in this Statement. We may also retain your Personal Data if we have a legal or business purpose to do so. For example, we may retain Personal Data for the period a casino exclusion order remains in effect.
Cookies and Advertising on Third Party Platforms
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw consent for the use of Personal Data by us, please submit a request using our Withdrawal of Consent Form.
If you would like to access or correct Personal Data held by us, please submit a request using our Request for Information Form. We may impose a fee, depending on the data requested.
Please direct all enquiries relating to this Statement to:
Data Protection Office
3 Lim Teck Kim Road
Amendments to this Statement
This Statement applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data by us.
We may amend this Statement to reflect changes in the way in which we collect, use or disclose Personal Data without any prior notice. The latest version of this Statement is accessible on our website. Your continued use of our services constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
"Genting Singapore Group" includes Genting Singapore Limited, Resorts World at Sentosa Pte. Ltd. and/or their subsidiaries, related, affiliated and associated companies, and all companies within the Genting Singapore Limited group, regardless of whether such companies are incorporated in Singapore (collectively referred to in this Statement as “Genting Singapore”, “we”, and “us” or “our”).
"Personal Data means data that can be used to identify a person. Personal Data includes name, age, gender, date of birth, address, email-address, telephone number, national identification or passport number, membership information and biometric information.
Personal Data Protection Act means the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012.