Chef’s Recipe | Easy Recipe for Apple Tarte Tatin
This week, Chef Marvas from Ocean Restaurant shares a simple recipe for apple tarte tatin! The French pastry is easy to make, utilises simple ingredients and is an absolutely delicious treat for the whole family.
- Fuji or Granny Smith apples approx. 6
- Sugar 100gm
- Butter 100gm
- Apple juice 50ml
- Puff pastry 1pc (available at supermarkets)
- Preheat the oven to 195°C
- Peel and cut the apples into quarters and soak in salt water to prevent them from oxidising.
- Combine sugar and apple juice in a pan over low heat. When the sugar has dissolved, add in butter.
- When the caramel mixture has turned into a dark amber shade, strain the apples and add it in.
- Let it cook it for about 5-8 minutes till the apples soak up all the sauce. If there’s too much caramel to be absorbed, remove the excess.
- Pour the cooked apples into a tray and place a piece of puff pastry on top and tuck the edges in.
- Use a knife to score some holes on the pastry for steam to escape.
- Place in the oven and bake for 19-25 minutes, depending on the oven and size of pie.
- Once the pastry turns golden brown, take it out of the oven and let it cool. Then, carefully flip it onto a plate.
- Serve with roasted mixed nuts (chopped) and a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Check out other recipes here:
Chef’s Recipe | Milo cake with frosting
Chef's Recipe | Sweet Soufflé Omelette With Strawberry Yoghurt